The Way of the Blogurai

The Mothership Connection

1.27.2006

Haikuul

So I need to hand in two haiku for my Form & Technique in Poetry class. I'm no Basho, but we two should probably compare notes.

[Editor's Note: Haiku are syllabic poems in a tercet (three-line groups).

The first line is five.
The second line is seven.
And then five again.]
-
Winter stalls buses.
I give up. Then they pass me,
Halfway up the hill.
-
Pebbles meet seashells
Clacks of twenty-six keyboards
White noise for teachers
-
Look at Jeff Goldbloom--
if you can. Don't stare too long.
A futile contest.
-
Haiku are like rice.
Add reflective samurai.
Bake 'til golden brown.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared,

I was doing a search for "Hai-Kuul" because of my ego and found your site!

GREAT STUFF!

So good...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home